Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kauai - Day 2

Our 2nd day on the island and Kauai was taking me farther and farther from reality. I didn't think of work. I didn't think of home. I didn't think of anything. I was just there with the two people I love the most.

Day 2 was like this:
  • Woke up early, again, at 530AM. The roosters were starting to grow on me.
  • Breakfast at Kalaheo Cafe & Coffee company.
  • Drove to the western side of the island this time where we passed by leftover sugarcanes swaying at the side of the road, and the Kauai coffee plantation. We were planning to stop by on the way back to the south side, but we chose to skip in favor of hanging out at the beach instead.
  • Checked out Waimea Canyon from Waimea Canyon Lookout.
  • Took our first - and only - family picture for this vacation.

Waimea Canyon, originally uploaded by gealouxy.


At the Waimea Canyon Lookout, originally uploaded by gealouxy.

  • And then we headed to the Puu Hinahina Lookout.
  • At this lookout, we chased chickens with the kid.
  • She also sat high up on a tree for the first time.


At the Puu Hinahina Lookout for the Waimea Canyon, originally uploaded by gealouxy.


Waimea Canyon from Puu Hinahina Lookout, originally uploaded by gealouxy.


Roosters, originally uploaded by gealouxy.


Roosters, originally uploaded by gealouxy.

  • The kid saw her first waterfall, the Waipo'o Falls, at the unsigned Pu'u Ka Pele lookout.
  • Lunch at the Shrimp Station. It was a dive, and the flies bothered me, but the food was decent. We ordered the shrimp burger and the shrimp taco and walked away very satisfied. I'd consider going back again. Sadly, I think the flies will still be there. If you don't mind swatting at them every five seconds, then do try it.


The Shrimp Station, originally uploaded by gealouxy.


Red Hibiscus at the Shrimp Station, originally uploaded by gealouxy.

  • Milkshakes at Koloa Mill.
  • Pool and beach again.
  • Dinner at Roy's where the kid ate edamame, seared ahi, crab cakes, salmon teriyaki, broccoli and rice. Next to us, two kids ate spaghetti - no sauce - with cheese. Was it my future staring me in the face? I hope not.
  • Sleeping by 830PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment