Friday, February 25, 2011

I hate baking!

Tonight, I decided to make pandesal (Filipino version of salt bread). A friend in New Zealand made some and posted the recipe on her blog. I got cocky. If she can do it, then I can to. So, I went out and bought yeast.

I followed the directions - and paused when it said to knead the dough. Uhhhh... how do you knead? Again, I got cocky and proceeded to "knead" the way I thought kneading is supposed to be done. I set the dough aside.

It said to leave it for an hour. So, I've got some time to kill.
I went on YouTube and decided to look up "how to knead".
And, boy, did I get it wrong.

So, I left the dough alone, willing it to effing rise. While it's sitting there, I decided to make ANOTHER batch. This time, I will knead it as YouTube has showed me. I followed the directions again, except this time, I'M A FULL CUP SHORT OF FLOUR.

[Insert screaming and grunting here]

I put the 2nd batch in another bowl, and will leave it alone to see if it does anything.
Two big IFs.

I mean, why fail only once per night, right?

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment