Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

Hello, 2011. Welcome!

Since you're pretty new around here, let me tell you the first thing you have to do: show 2010 to the door and bid her farewell. Don't get me wrong - 2010 wasn't a bad year. At least, not for me. But, it wasn't a good one either. I don't mind a do over. And, that's what you are, 2011 - a do over.

I have not subscribed to the whole "New Year's Resolution" fad in awhile because, well, when I did (back in the days), I never lasted more than a month without breaking every single resolution I set out to do. But, since we're talking about do-overs here, I thought I'd give it another shot. So, here's a list of what I'm hoping to do this your year:
  • Eat sensibly
  • Travel more, even if its just driving somewhere
  • Save money, and I don't mean just with the piggy bank
  • Avoid stupid purchases
  • Do some sort of physical activity at least once a week (I'm trying to be realistic)
  • Take more photographs; once a day would be ideal
  • See friends more often
  • Cook more
  • Write, even if it's a single line
  • Read more books
  • Take The Kid outside more often
  • Spend more time with The Guy
  • Take time for myself
  • Stay positive - keep on the sunny side of life =)
There you go. Not an impossible list to follow, but considering who we're talking about here, it'll still be difficult to stick to it.

All I can do is try, right?

3 comments:

  1. I like your do-over list, G. Very similar to mine actually! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodluck to both of us, Christine! I wish and your fam a very happy, healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete